That is right, we are running our very own 2019 fantasy baseball league for Draft Buddy members. As of this morning, we are recruiting a few more spots. If you are reading this and available to add another league this season, consider joining us.
We do love roto in these parts with respect to fantasy baseball. However, the motivation for this is because it does seem like a lot of people play head-to-head leagues and fantasy points baseball leagues, but an imbalance exists between roto versus points fantasy baseball analysis. This will give us a points draft to review, and we’ll play it out for fun and bragging rights.
This is where we say, “Hooray for points leagues!” Truthfully, we are big fans of diversity. This is not unlike us doing something crazy like running a roto fantasy football league.
To better support fantasy points baseball leagues, we added default points scoring systems for CBS, ESPN, Fantrax and Yahoo to our fantasy baseball projections, player stats and player pages. To change the scoring, simply click the Switch option found in the upper-right of the table on those pages.
As for the league, we are running it on Fantrax. I will surely be using the new Fantrax integration features found in Draft Buddy. It is a slow draft starting Monday and we would like to settle on 12 or 14 teams. Copied below is the email I sent earlier today to the other participants. Contact me for an invite.
Gentlemen, welcome to the inaugural Draft Buddy H2H Weekly Points League! Or, DBH2HWPL for short. Or, we need a better name for this league is more accurate.
Thanks for joining! We haven’t filled all of the available spots yet but we are well on our way and I wanted to do an intro now since the draft starts Monday. Here are the key details:
– TEAMS… 12 or 14 teams – there are 11 on this email and 10 of 11 clicked their invite to join; if you didn’t get it let me know
– FORMAT… s/b obvious from the name, but it is weekly head-to-head fantasy points
– ROSTER/LINEUP… 28 active roster plus 1 IL (injured) spots, start 1 each C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, CI, MI, UT, 5 OF, 9 P (starters or relievers)
– SCORING… 2018 fantasy baseball player stats (click the “Review” link upper-right of the stats table for details)
– SCHEDULE… will have regular season and playoffs but haven’t finalized this yet as it will depend on the number of teams, so there might be divisions, wouldn’t mind some sort of victory points system to reduce schedule luck (a.k.a. excuses), and we might end a bit early. whatever works best to create a fair regular season schedule and playoffs – will try to decide all of this by end of day Friday
– DRAFT… slow draft, but that doesn’t mean we need to take forever. starts Monday at 8:00am. I will have the site randomize the draft order when we finalize teams. Each pick has a 6-hour timer (turned off overnight) but please be considerate to everyone and
(a) check in often
(b) pre-draft and put yourself on auto when you can
(c) let us know in the chat when you will be away
(d) text/email me to put a pick in for you if you can’t get online
Okay, I think that is it. Actually, I think I’ve surely forgotten something, but as it comes to me I will let you know.
Set your team name or use your Draft Buddy username so I know who you are, and let’s do this! Woot! You all going down, suckers!