As you may have noticed in the comments of my prior post, member bigcntry7879 told me that some players in Draft Buddy were not appearing in the available drop-downs. Specifically, players very early in the lists sorted alphabetically, like Adrian Beltre or Adam Wainwright, were missing.
Related to this, if you managed to select these players by other means, then their team was not appearing properly, and instead throwing a miserable looking #REF error.
What was happening is the hidden worksheet in Draft Buddy that creates all the alphabetical players lists by position during setup, was not counting down far enough to catch these players. It is a bit complex, the steps, and no need to get too deep into the technical details, but the important thing is, Draft Buddy 1.1 needed a fix.
Now available from our download page, Draft Buddy version 1.2. You can simply go there, download it and use it going forward, replacing version 1.1 if you already downloaded that previously.
If you already did a fair amount of work in version 1.1 and don’t want to replace it, it is possible to fix the problem yourself following a few steps. I’ll try to detail them here:
1. Open Draft Buddy and unhide the sheet titled “Sheet1” using Format > Sheet > Unhide.*
2. There is a lot of data here, but across the top row there are some formulas that sort of go in a pattern starting with cell S1. The S1 formula is this:
A similar formula is repeated in cells X1, AC1, AH1, etc. for each hitter position, and then a slightly changed formula for pitchers in cells BX1 and CC1.
For the hitters formula in cell S1, we are going to change it from the above to this:
That is it, just two characters, changing “1001” to “1021”.
3. Copy the formula in cell S1 (CTRL-C) and paste it (CTRL-V) in each of the similar cells for each hitter position, X1, AC1, AH1, AM1, AR1, AW1, BB1, BG1 and BL1.
4. The pitchers formula in cell BX1 was this:
Change it to this:
In this case we changed “1001” to “1051”.
5. Copy the formula in cell BX1 and paste it in cell CC1.
6. Since you’ve already done work in Draft Buddy, such as inputting keepers, draft pick trades or maybe even some draft picks, you do not want to lose this work. Go to the setup tab and make sure to uncheck the “Clear Keepers and Draft Picks During Setup” option.
7. Now open your copy of the Cheatsheet Compiler, and go back to Draft Buddy and click the Setup Draft Buddy button. Buddy will recreate the drop-downs and they should now include all the players at each position.
* method for unhiding sheets will vary in different versions of Microsoft Excel