- King of the Hill – Allen (SDP)
- My Value Pick today is Samardzija (SFG) on the road versus the Padres.
- San Diego vs. RH Starters at home have allowed them to average
- San Diego vs. RHP at home have a:
- 0.293 wOBA (5th worst in MLB)
- 0.170 ISO (11th worst in MLB)
- 25.8 K% (2nd worst in MLB).
- Stackables (in order of my preference): Pirates & Cubs
- Small sample size alert! Allen (SDP) and Alzolay (CHC) have each faced less than 100 batters this season. Eshelman (BAL) will be making his MLB debut tonight.
- Eshleman (BAL) was recently called up and named starter tonight. He is not available in FanDuel or DraftKings.
DFS Pitchers – July 1, 2019
|Salary||Matchup Rating||Projected Score||Salary||Matchup Rating||Projected Score|
|Logan Allen SDP||vs SFG||$9,300||115||41.57||$9,200||118||24.97|
|Mike Minor TEX||vs LAA||$10,800||95||30.61||$10,500||93||16.10|
|Jeff Samardzija SFG||@ SDP||$6,200||106||29.37||$7,200||107||15.89|
|Tom Eshelman BAL||@ TBR||–||103||29.42||–||103||15.79|
|Tyler Mahle CIN||vs MIL||$7,000||101||26.98||$7,500||101||14.05|
|Trevor Williams PIT||vs CHC||$7,200||99||26.98||$8,100||99||13.98|
|Adrian Houser MIL||@ CIN||$5,700||103||25.18||$5,800||104||13.47|
|** Ryan Yarbrough TBR||vs BAL||$6,600||103||24.19||$6,500||103||12.89|
|Adbert Alzolay CHC||@ PIT||$7,500||99||23.98||$6,400||98||11.75|
|Jose Suarez LAA||@ TEX||$6,500||94||20.75||$8,500||93||9.89|
** Indicates that the pitcher listed will follow an “Opener”
Matchup Rating is meant to show how the pitcher’s matchup relates to league average. A rating of 100 means that this matchup is neither good nor bad to the pitcher. A matchup over 100 favors the pitcher and conversely, a matchup up less than 100 favors the hitters. It takes into account:
- The pitcher’s wOBA, ISO and K%
- The opposing lineup’s wOBA, ISO and K% versus RHP/LHP
- Home/away splits
- Ballpark Factor
- Fantasy points allowed to starting pitchers by opposing lineup (link)
If you are looking for bats to stack take a look at the pitchers at the bottom of this list and where the Matchup Rating is below 90. While not always the case, typically when a pitcher scores a low total (perhaps even negative) that means they are probably getting lit up by the opposing lineup.