- King of the Hill – Strasburg (WSN)
- My Value Pick today is Jurado (TEX) on the road versus the Tigers.
- When facing RHP starters at home Detroit have allowed them to average
- Detroit vs. RHP at home have a:
- 0.275 wOBA (2nd worst in MLB)
- 0.129 ISO (4th worst in MLB)
- 25.0 K% (7th worst in MLB).
- Stackables (in order of my preference): Angels, Twins & Mariners.
- Small sample size alert! Lambert (COL), Wilson (ATL) and Anderson (OAK) have each faced less than 100 batters this season. Young (ARI) is making his 2019 debut today.
DFS Pitchers – June 27, 2019
|Salary||Matchup Rating||Projected Score||Salary||Matchup Rating||Projected Score|
|Stephen Strasburg WSN||@ MIA||$10,400||120||42.64||$11,900||122||23.94|
|Alex Young ARI||@ SFG||$5,500||105||34.78||$6,300||108||19.32|
|Ariel Jurado TEX||@ DET||$6,800||112||34.72||$6,700||115||19.31|
|Martin Perez MIN||vs TBR||$7,000||104||29.66||$7,900||104||15.07|
|Zack Wheeler NYM||@ PHI||$9,000||101||29.13||$10,000||101||15.23|
|Aaron Nola PHI||vs NYM||$8,800||102||28.83||$10,700||101||14.59|
|Brad Peacock HOU||vs PIT||$7,900||103||28.46||$9,400||102||14.63|
|Tyler Chatwood CHC||vs ATL||$5,500||103||27.89||$4,600||103||14.69|
|Spencer Turnbull DET||vs TEX||$7,300||100||27.66||$9,000||100||14.14|
|Walker Buehler LAD||@ COL||$9,600||92||26.43||$8,900||91||13.92|
|Sandy Alcantara MIA||vs WSN||$8,200||102||26.68||$8,300||102||13.58|
|Griffin Canning LAA||vs OAK||$7,500||97||25.61||$8,500||96||13.48|
|Mike Leake SEA||@ MIL||$8,400||96||25.12||$8,300||96||12.38|
|Tyler Beede SFG||vs ARI||$6,600||98||24.15||$6,200||97||11.99|
|Peter Lambert COL||vs LAD||$5,800||88||23.07||$4,700||87||11.87|
|Bryse Wilson ATL||@ CHC||$5,700||94||21.31||$8,600||93||10.12|
|Joe Musgrove PIT||@ HOU||$7,600||94||21.53||$5,300||91||9.92|
|Chase Anderson MIL||vs SEA||$6,500||92||17.94||$7,400||91||9.03|
|Tanner Anderson OAK||@ LAA||$6,000||90||17.63||$6,700||88||8.35|
|** Jalen Beeks TBR||@ MIN||$5,900||89||15.80||$7,600||87||7.76|
** Indicates that the pitcher listed will follow an “Opener”
Matchup Rating is meant to show how the pitcher’s matchup relates to league average. A rating of 100 means that this matchup is neither good nor bad to the pitcher. A matchup over 100 favors the pitcher and conversely, a matchup up less than 100 favors the hitters. It takes into account:
- The pitcher’s wOBA, ISO and K%
- The opposing lineup’s wOBA, ISO and K% versus RHP/LHP
- Home/away splits
- Ballpark Factor
- Fantasy points allowed to starting pitchers by opposing lineup (link)
If you are looking for bats to stack take a look at the pitchers at the bottom of this list and where the Matchup Rating is below 90. While not always the case, typically when a pitcher scores a low total (perhaps even negative) that means they are probably getting lit up by the opposing lineup.