- King of the Hill – Scherzer (WSN).
- My Value Pick tonight is Chavez (TEX) on the road vs. the Tigers.
- He’s been used mainly as an opener until June 19 when he was used as a “follower” and tossed 5 good innings (4 hits, 0 walks, 1 earned run and 3 strikeouts).
- Detroit vs RHP at home have allowed right-handed starting pitchers to average
- Detroit vs RHP at home have a:
- 0.275 wOBA (2nd worst in MLB)
- 0.128 ISO (3rd worst in MLB)
- 24.8 K% (8th worst in MLB).
- Stackables (in order of my preference): Red Sox, Angels & Mariners.
- Small sample size alert! Alzolay (CHC), Allen (SDP), Yacabonis (BAL), Lockett (NYM) and Fulmer (CHW) have all faced less than 100 batters this season. Gonzalez (COL) is making his 2019 debut tonight.
- Gonzalez (COL) isn’t available on FanDuel.
DFS Pitchers – June 25, 2019
|Salary||Matchup Rating||Projected Score||Salary||Matchup Rating||Projected Score|
|Max Scherzer WSN||@ MIA||$12,200||119||45.43||$12,400||121||25.53|
|Madison Bumgarner SFG||vs COL||$8,300||107||36.16||$8,200||107||19.28|
|Chi Chi Gonzalez COL||@ SFG||–||106||33.71||$6,600||109||19.44|
|Gerrit Cole HOU||vs PIT||$11,500||106||34.83||$11,500||105||18.44|
|Shane Bieber CLE||vs KCR||$9,800||104||33.89||$10,800||105||18.69|
|Jesse Chavez TEX||@ DET||$5,500||115||33.25||$5,300||117||18.60|
|David Price BOS||vs CHW||$8,100||108||32.04||$8,600||110||18.08|
|Adbert Alzolay CHC||vs ATL||$7,000||103||31.84||$6,800||103||16.84|
|Logan Allen SDP||@ BAL||$8,500||106||31.09||$8,100||107||16.20|
|Jimmy Yacabonis BAL||vs SDP||$5,500||106||30.16||$6,400||108||16.59|
|Robbie Ray ARI||vs LAD||$8,900||96||29.48||$9,900||95||15.86|
|Chris Bassitt OAK||@ STL||$6,900||102||27.54||$9,300||103||14.31|
|Trevor Richards MIA||vs WSN||$7,800||101||27.41||$8,000||101||14.19|
|Jake Arrieta PHI||vs NYM||$7,600||102||27.48||$7,600||102||13.74|
|Andrew Heaney LAA||vs CIN||$7,300||107||26.29||$8,800||107||13.80|
|Jack Flaherty STL||vs OAK||$7,900||97||26.11||$7,900||97||13.77|
|Blake Snell TBR||@ MIN||$9,200||92||25.96||$9,000||90||13.31|
|Max Fried ATL||@ CHC||$7,100||98||25.79||$6,700||97||13.04|
|Kyle Gibson MIN||vs TBR||$7,700||100||25.80||$8,500||99||12.85|
|Clayton Richard TOR||@ NYY||$5,600||99||25.37||$4,800||98||12.84|
|Walker Lockett NYM||@ PHI||$5,500||98||24.95||$6,000||98||12.89|
|Ross Stripling LAD||@ ARI||$8,600||102||24.38||$7,700||102||12.74|
|Glenn Sparkman KCR||@ CLE||$6,300||101||24.32||$4,500||102||12.56|
|Jordan Zimmermann DET||vs TEX||$5,700||99||24.53||$6,200||99||12.38|
|Marco Gonzales SEA||@ MIL||$7,400||95||23.90||$7,000||95||11.65|
|Chad Green NYY||vs TOR||$5,500||103||21.33||$5,700||105||11.31|
|Trevor Williams PIT||@ HOU||$6,800||94||21.93||$7,800||91||10.08|
|Zach Davies MIL||vs SEA||$6,500||91||20.14||$6,500||91||10.05|
|Tyler Mahle CIN||@ LAA||$6,700||91||20.32||$7,200||89||9.94|
|Carson Fulmer CHW||@ BOS||$5,500||93||19.19||$6,400||92||9.27|
** Indicates that the pitcher listed will follow an “Opener”
Matchup Rating is meant to show how the pitcher’s matchup relates to league average. A rating of 100 means that this matchup is neither good nor bad to the pitcher. A matchup over 100 favors the pitcher and conversely, a matchup up less than 100 favors the hitters. It takes into account:
- The pitcher’s wOBA, ISO and K%
- The opposing lineup’s wOBA, ISO and K% versus RHP/LHP
- Home/away splits
- Ballpark Factor
- Fantasy points allowed to starting pitchers by opposing lineup (link)
If you are looking for bats to stack take a look at the pitchers at the bottom of this list and where the Matchup Rating is below 90. While not always the case, typically when a pitcher scores a low total (perhaps even negative) that means they are probably getting lit up by the opposing lineup.