- King of the Hill – Bauer (CLE).
- My Value Pick tonight is Nola (PHI) at home vs. the Marlins.
- The Marlins vs RHP on the road have allowed right-handed starting pitchers to average
- The Marlins vs RHP on the road have a:
- 0.285 wOBA (3rd worst in MLB)
- 0.125 ISO (worst in MLB)
- 24.5 K% (10th worst).
- Stackables (in order of my preference): Twins, A’s & Angels.
- Small sample size alert! Anderson (OAK) has faced less than 100 batters this season. Keuchel (ATL) is making his 2019 debut.
- With the John Means injury it appears that the Orioles are going with a bullpen game tonight.
DFS Pitchers – June 21, 2019
|Salary||Matchup Rating||Projected Score||Salary||Matchup Rating||Projected Score|
|Trevor Bauer CLE||vs DET||$11,500||112||40.62||$11,100||115||22.92|
|Chris Sale BOS||vs TOR||$12,000||106||37.27||$12,000||108||21.38|
|Aaron Nola PHI||vs MIA||$8,700||114||37.26||$8,000||117||20.83|
|Matthew Boyd DET||@ CLE||$10,000||107||35.55||$9,700||107||19.22|
|Stephen Strasburg WSN||vs ATL||$9,800||103||35.10||$10,500||103||18.92|
|Chase Anderson MIL||vs CIN||$6,600||107||31.95||$6,600||108||17.42|
|Walker Buehler LAD||vs COL||$11,200||106||31.68||$10,800||105||17.37|
|Martin Perez MIN||@ KCR||$7,800||106||31.68||$7,600||107||17.32|
|Mike Leake SEA||vs BAL||$8,500||106||30.70||$8,700||107||16.26|
|Joe Musgrove PIT||vs SDP||$7,500||105||29.55||$5,500||107||15.62|
|Ariel Jurado TEX||vs CHW||$6,300||103||27.50||$6,500||104||14.66|
|Sonny Gray CIN||@ MIL||$7,300||103||27.87||$7,900||103||14.46|
|Jeff Samardzija SFG||@ ARI||$6,200||100||27.19||$6,900||100||14.31|
|Griffin Canning LAA||@ STL||$8,000||101||27.28||$8,500||101||14.20|
|Sandy Alcantara MIA||@ PHI||$7,400||99||24.78||$7,400||99||12.59|
|James Paxton NYY||vs HOU||$9,200||93||24.53||$8,100||90||12.61|
|Eric Lauer SDP||@ PIT||$7,000||101||24.71||$6,100||101||12.33|
|German Marquez COL||@ LAD||$7,600||92||24.19||$9,000||90||11.67|
|Brad Peacock HOU||@ NYY||$7,100||95||23.24||$7,800||93||11.87|
|Taylor Clarke ARI||vs SFG||$5,900||99||22.66||$6,800||101||11.73|
|Tanner Anderson OAK||vs TBR||$6,000||99||23.04||$6,700||99||11.27|
|Trent Thornton TOR||@ BOS||$7,200||94||21.49||$7,100||93||10.71|
|Reynaldo Lopez CHW||@ TEX||$6,100||89||19.95||$5,800||88||9.01|
|Dallas Keuchel ATL||@ WSN||$7,700||98||19.03||$8,300||97||8.62|
|Jakob Junis KCR||vs MIN||$6,700||85||18.80||$6,300||83||8.70|
|** Jalen Beeks TBR||@ OAK||$6,300||91||16.34||$7,600||90||8.00|
|Michael Wacha STL||vs LAA||$6,400||87||15.85||$5,000||84||6.96|
** Indicates that the pitcher listed will follow an “Opener”
Matchup Rating is meant to show how the pitcher’s matchup relates to league average. A rating of 100 means that this matchup is neither good nor bad to the pitcher. A matchup over 100 favors the pitcher and conversely, a matchup up less than 100 favors the hitters. It takes into account:
- The pitcher’s wOBA, ISO and K%
- The opposing lineup’s wOBA, ISO and K% versus RHP/LHP
- Home/away splits
- Ballpark Factor
- Fantasy points allowed to starting pitchers by opposing lineup (link)
If you are looking for bats to stack take a look at the pitchers at the bottom of this list and where the Matchup Rating is below 90. While not always the case, typically when a pitcher scores a low total (perhaps even negative) that means they are probably getting lit up by the opposing lineup.