I’ve been working on a top secret project. My mind is mostly there (and I can’t say anything about it), so I don’t have enough material for a single worthwhile topic this morning. I’ll just jump around with a few things I’m thinking about.
- Thanks to those of you who have sent emails with feedback on the Baseball Cheatsheet Compiler & Draft Buddy. Some of the top requests for improvement so far include:
- Show players eligible for multiple positions at each position in the cheatsheet
- Add an overall ranking cheatsheet
- Add tiering
- Add more stat categories
I definitely agree points 1 and 2 need to be addressed, but these issues are complex which may prevent this getting accomplished soon. I realize the Baseball Compiler & Buddy are still a couple notches behind the features of the football version. We’ve made really great strides with baseball this year, and hope to continue to the point where it gets on par with football.
- For those of you using the Baseball Compiler, even if you haven’t emailed me, make sure to add yourself to my Compiler mailing list so I can let you know about future updates, fixes, etc. To add yourself to the list just send an email to this address.
- The final 2 teams are qualified for the under-20 FIFA World Cup tournament scheduled for Toronto this summer. They are Mexico and Costa Rica adding to the first 22 I mentioned in my prior U20 World Cup post. The official draw is scheduled for this Saturday, March 3 at 4:30pm ET. My soccer buddies and myself will have to schedule our own draft for tickets soon after. Time to start sending out some dis-information about how I will sell the farm to see all matches with Jordan and Congo.
- Not much happening on the football front. NFL Network televised a lot of the scouting combine. As if everyone didn’t think they were some sort of draft expert before, this wall-to-wall coverage should only exacerbate the problem.
- Much like you I’m sure, I am pretty tired of the bland site design of MyOfficePool.ca. A site re-design is in the works.