- King of the Hill – Morton (TBR) with Paxton (NYY) not far behind.
- My pick tonight is Darvish (CHC).
- The Rockies on the road vs RHP have a 0.288 wOBA (3rd worst in MLB), 0.157 ISO (9th worst) and a 24.5 K% (10th worst).
- Stackables (in order of my preference): Twins, Angels & Yankees.
- Small sample size alert! Beede (SFG) and Mengden (OAK) have each faced less than 100 batters this season and Nelson (MIL) is making his season debut.
- With the news of Carlos Carrasco heading to the IL… it looks like the Tribe will be having a bullpen day versus the Twins.
DFS Pitchers – June 5, 2019
|Salary||Matchup Rating||Projected Score||Salary||Matchup Rating||Projected Score|
|Charlie Morton TBR||@ DET||$10,400||115||43.37||$11,600||116||24.86|
|James Paxton NYY||@ TOR||$10,000||114||41.06||$11,300||117||24.65|
|Mike Minor TEX||vs BAL||$9,600||101||38.30||$10,800||101||21.17|
|German Marquez COL||@ CHC||$9,000||101||36.07||$10,300||100||19.82|
|Chris Sale BOS||@ KCR||$11,500||105||34.57||$10,600||105||19.30|
|Brad Peacock HOU||@ SEA||$8,600||106||30.81||$9,600||107||17.29|
|Martin Perez MIN||@ CLE||$8,900||107||30.71||$7,400||107||16.14|
|Spencer Turnbull DET||vs TBR||$8,000||95||29.16||$8,600||93||15.04|
|Yu Darvish CHC||vs COL||$8,200||100||26.92||$7,100||100||13.59|
|Daniel Mengden OAK||@ LAA||$6,900||92||24.94||$6,900||90||12.55|
|Jakob Junis KCR||vs BOS||$6,200||99||25.11||$7,000||99||12.36|
|** Felix Pena LAA||vs OAK||$6,700||95||22.70||$7,800||93||13.28|
|Joe Musgrove PIT||vs ATL||$7,600||103||24.72||$5,600||103||11.96|
|Trent Thornton TOR||vs NYY||$7,800||92||23.04||$7,300||90||11.97|
|Anthony DeSclafani CIN||@ STL||$6,000||96||22.98||$6,800||95||11.71|
|Dakota Hudson STL||vs CIN||$7,300||106||23.89||$6,200||108||11.18|
|Kevin Gausman ATL||@ PIT||$6,500||103||22.72||$6,700||102||11.10|
|Sandy Alcantara MIA||@ MIL||$6,100||98||22.51||$6,600||98||10.91|
|Mike Leake SEA||vs HOU||$7,000||87||22.44||$6,000||84||10.29|
|John Means BAL||@ TEX||$7,200||90||18.65||$5,800||89||10.21|
|Jason Vargas NYM||vs SFG||$6,400||111||18.73||$7,200||114||9.39|
|Jimmy Nelson MIL||vs MIA||$8,500||109||14.28||$8,200||112||7.56|
|Tyler Beede SFG||@ NYM||$5,900||104||13.25||$6,400||104||4.31|
** Indicates that the pitcher listed will follow an “Opener”
Matchup Rating is meant to show how the pitcher’s matchup relates to league average. A rating of 100 means that this matchup is neither good nor bad to the pitcher. A matchup over 100 favors the pitcher and conversely, a matchup up less than 100 favors the hitters. It takes into account:
- The pitcher’s wOBA, ISO and K%
- The opposing lineup’s wOBA, ISO and K% versus RHP/LHP
- Home/away splits
- Ballpark Factor
- Fantasy points allowed to starting pitchers by opposing lineup (link)
If you are looking for bats to stack take a look at the pitchers at the bottom of this list and where the Matchup Rating is below 90. While not always the case, typically when a pitcher scores a low total (perhaps even negative) that means they are probably getting lit up by the opposing lineup.