- Strasburg is King of the Hill tonight and his price tag reflects it.
- Smeltzer sits atop but we can’t put too much faith in him due to only having faced 20 batters
- I like Paddack (SDP) at a lower price for the same reason I liked Lauer last night.
- Stackables (in order of my preference): Dodgers, Rangers and Astros.
- (Small sample size alert!) Quite a few! Smeltzer (MIN), Cabrera (STL), Richard (TOR), Hoffman (COL), Clarke (ARI), Moore (SEA) and Carpenter (DET) all have faced less than 100 batters this season.
- Moore (SEA) appears to be an opener and the Mariners have not announced who will be the “follower.” He is not available on FanDuel.
DFS Pitchers – June 4, 2019
|Salary||Matchup Rating||Projected Score||Salary||Matchup Rating||Projected Score|
|Devin Smeltzer MIN||@ CLE||$8,300||107||46.08||$7,500||107||27.58|
|Stephen Strasburg WSN||vs CHW||$11,500||110||46.69||$11,500||112||26.89|
|Blake Snell TBR||@ DET||$11,000||115||43.69||$11,000||117||25.16|
|Hyun-Jin Ryu LAD||@ ARI||$11,200||97||41.67||$11,300||97||24.35|
|Chris Paddack SDP||vs PHI||$9,800||110||38.91||$10,000||111||22.86|
|Luis Castillo CIN||@ STL||$9,300||100||37.59||$10,100||98||20.77|
|Kyle Hendricks CHC||vs COL||$10,200||103||34.97||$9,500||102||19.03|
|Masahiro Tanaka NYY||@ TOR||$9,200||107||33.70||$9,300||111||18.46|
|Madison Bumgarner SFG||@ NYM||$8,900||103||34.04||$9,000||103||17.90|
|Frankie Montas OAK||@ LAA||$8,700||92||33.10||$10,400||90||17.30|
|Shane Bieber CLE||vs MIN||$9,500||85||30.28||$9,800||81||16.39|
|Eduardo Rodriguez BOS||@ KCR||$8,100||102||30.32||$8,000||102||15.52|
|Griffin Canning LAA||vs OAK||$8,000||93||28.72||$8,500||91||16.35|
|Noah Syndergaard NYM||vs SFG||$9,000||103||29.33||$9,600||104||15.76|
|Max Fried ATL||@ PIT||$8,600||107||29.51||$7,800||108||15.61|
|Wade Miley HOU||@ SEA||$7,800||98||28.73||$8,200||98||15.18|
|Jerad Eickhoff PHI||@ SDP||$7,300||110||27.79||$7,100||113||15.43|
|Pablo Lopez MIA||@ MIL||$7,200||97||24.44||$6,200||97||12.59|
|Dylan Bundy BAL||@ TEX||$7,500||89||23.64||$7,400||87||12.28|
|Chase Anderson MIL||vs MIA||$6,700||115||20.86||$7,200||118||12.07|
|Reynaldo Lopez CHW||@ WSN||$6,800||99||23.26||$5,200||99||10.10|
|Genesis Cabrera STL||vs CIN||$5,800||106||18.02||$6,700||107||8.62|
|Drew Smyly TEX||vs BAL||$6,000||96||16.36||$6,100||97||7.28|
|Clayton Richard TOR||vs NYY||$5,700||102||15.30||$5,800||101||7.49|
|Jeff Hoffman COL||@ CHC||$6,200||97||14.57||$6,900||96||7.05|
|Taylor Clarke ARI||vs LAD||$6,400||89||15.38||$6,500||87||6.38|
|Steven Brault PIT||vs ATL||$6,100||100||13.56||$6,400||100||6.49|
|Ryan Carpenter DET||vs TBR||$5,600||102||13.77||$5,600||101||5.59|
|Andrew Moore SEA||vs HOU||–||94||12.31||$4,000||91||6.15|
|Glenn Sparkman KCR||vs BOS||$5,500||99||9.94||$4,700||100||4.79|
** Indicates that the pitcher listed will follow an “Opener”
Matchup Rating is meant to show how the pitcher’s matchup relates to league average. A rating of 100 means that this matchup is neither good nor bad to the pitcher. A matchup over 100 favors the pitcher and conversely, a matchup up less than 100 favors the hitters. It takes into account:
- The pitcher’s wOBA, ISO and K%
- The opposing lineup’s wOBA, ISO and K% versus RHP/LHP
- Home/away splits
- Ballpark Factor
- Fantasy points allowed to starting pitchers by opposing lineup (link)
If you are looking for bats to stack take a look at the pitchers at the bottom of this list where the Matchup Rating is below 90. While not always the case, typically when a pitcher scores a low total (perhaps even negative) that means they are probably getting lit up by the opposing lineup.