- King of the Hill – Kershaw (LAD).
- My value pick tonight is Flaherty (STL) at home vs. the Marlins.
- The Marlins vs RHP on the road have allowed right-handed starting pitchers to average
- The Marlins vs RHP on the road have a 0.288 wOBA (4th worst in MLB), 0.121 ISO (MLB worst) and a 24.3 K% (11th worst).
- Flaherty in 7 home starts has a 2.25 ERA, 0.85 WHIP and struck out 29.0% of the batters he faced.
- Stackables (in order of my preference): Dodgers, Astros & Rangers.
- Small sample size alert! Keller (PIT), Yamamoto (MIA) and Plesac (CLE) have each faced less than 100 batters this season. Allen (SDP) is making his MLB debut.
- Allen (SDP) is not available on FanDuel.
DFS Pitchers – June 18, 2019
|Salary||Matchup Rating||Projected Score||Salary||Matchup Rating||Projected Score|
|Clayton Kershaw LAD||vs SFG||$10,700||112||42.38||$11,200||116||24.36|
|Mitch Keller PIT||vs DET||$5,500||114||39.18||$6,900||117||22.14|
|Jack Flaherty STL||vs MIA||$8,000||115||37.18||$8,700||118||21.15|
|Brandon Woodruff MIL||@ SDP||$9,300||113||36.75||$9,300||115||20.69|
|Cole Hamels CHC||vs CHW||$8,600||111||36.87||$10,500||112||20.43|
|Justin Verlander HOU||@ CIN||$12,000||103||36.09||$11,900||104||20.30|
|Logan Allen SDP||vs MIL||–||103||35.00||$7,700||103||18.85|
|Patrick Corbin WSN||vs PHI||$9,400||104||33.65||$8,200||105||18.28|
|Tyler Skaggs LAA||@ TOR||$7,600||108||32.70||$8,500||112||18.61|
|Julio Teheran ATL||vs NYM||$8,200||105||31.13||$9,500||105||16.51|
|Adrian Sampson TEX||vs CLE||$7,200||102||29.26||$7,800||103||15.70|
|Merrill Kelly ARI||vs COL||$8,300||102||28.69||$8,000||102||15.15|
|J.A. Happ NYY||vs TBR||$7,900||101||28.08||$7,500||101||14.50|
|Homer Bailey KCR||@ SEA||$6,800||105||27.51||$6,700||106||14.44|
|Jacob deGrom NYM||@ ATL||$10,400||98||27.27||$10,300||96||13.68|
|Yusei Kikuchi SEA||vs KCR||$6,000||106||26.75||$5,300||108||13.76|
|Michael Pineda MIN||vs BOS||$6,600||97||25.70||$7,300||97||13.50|
|Jordan Yamamoto MIA||@ STL||$7,500||102||25.97||$8,300||102||12.85|
|Jake Arrieta PHI||@ WSN||$7,900||98||26.01||$7,300||98||12.80|
|Brett Anderson OAK||vs BAL||$7,000||103||25.56||$6,200||104||12.62|
|Antonio Senzatela COL||@ ARI||$6,300||97||24.24||$4,900||97||12.02|
|David Price BOS||@ MIN||$9,000||88||23.86||$9,100||85||12.14|
|Daniel Norris DET||@ PIT||$6,200||102||22.17||$5,700||101||10.93|
|Marcus Stroman TOR||vs LAA||$7,400||91||21.04||$8,100||88||10.03|
|Ivan Nova CHW||@ CHC||$5,800||95||20.68||$5,000||94||9.35|
|Gabriel Ynoa BAL||@ OAK||$5,600||96||19.35||$4,500||95||9.47|
|Zach Plesac CLE||@ TEX||$7,800||90||19.73||$7,900||89||9.18|
|Shaun Anderson SFG||@ LAD||$7,300||90||19.77||$6,600||87||8.80|
|Ryne Stanek TBR||@ NYY||$4,000||96||18.66||$4,200||95||9.27|
|Anthony DeSclafani CIN||vs HOU||$6,400||87||18.31||$7,100||84||8.71|
** Indicates that the pitcher listed will follow an “Opener”
Matchup Rating is meant to show how the pitcher’s matchup relates to league average. A rating of 100 means that this matchup is neither good nor bad to the pitcher. A matchup over 100 favors the pitcher and conversely, a matchup up less than 100 favors the hitters. It takes into account:
- The pitcher’s wOBA, ISO and K%
- The opposing lineup’s wOBA, ISO and K% versus RHP/LHP
- Home/away splits
- Ballpark Factor
- Fantasy points allowed to starting pitchers by opposing lineup (link)
If you are looking for bats to stack take a look at the pitchers at the bottom of this list and where the Matchup Rating is below 90. While not always the case, typically when a pitcher scores a low total (perhaps even negative) that means they are probably getting lit up by the opposing lineup.