- King of the Hill – Davies (MIL) sites atop tonight with a very nice matchup in San Fran.
- My value pick tonight is Davies (MIL)
- The Giants at home vs RHP have a 0.246 wOBA (MLB worst), 0.111 ISO (2nd worst) and a 27.0 K% (2nd worst).
- In home games the Giants allow right-handed starting pitchers to average 34.0 FanDuel ppg and 19.2 DraftKings ppg.
- Davies has only allowed more than 2 earned runs in 2 of his 13 starts in 2019… both were at home. On the road he has a 1.88 ERA, 1.21 WHIP and struck out 18.8% of the batters he ‘s faced.
- Stackables (in order of my preference): Dodgers, A’s and Rockies.
- Small sample size alert! Plutko (CLE), Heaney (LAA) and Ponce de Leon (STL) have all faced less than 100 batters this season.
- According to Evan Grant at Dallas Morning News, Texas appears to be going with a bullpen game tonight.
Chavez starts. After that 🤷♂️ https://t.co/mytzhGbDwQ— Evan Grant (@Evan_P_Grant) June 14, 2019
DFS Pitchers – June 14, 2019
|Salary||Matchup Rating||Projected Score||Salary||Matchup Rating||Projected Score|
|Zach Davies MIL||@ SFG||$8,000||114||36.05||$6,800||117||20.53|
|Adam Plutko CLE||@ DET||$7,600||111||35.25||$7,200||113||19.05|
|Gerrit Cole HOU||vs TOR||$12,000||108||33.98||$11,900||110||19.10|
|Max Scherzer WSN||vs ARI||$11,600||100||33.05||$11,500||99||17.53|
|Rich Hill LAD||vs CHC||$9,700||101||32.94||$10,300||100||17.54|
|Kyle Gibson MIN||vs KCR||$8,300||104||32.67||$9,300||105||17.48|
|Max Fried ATL||vs PHI||$7,300||103||31.83||$6,900||104||17.20|
|Jeff Hoffman COL||vs SDP||$5,700||102||31.33||$6,100||105||17.38|
|Andrew Heaney LAA||@ TBR||$8,900||106||31.99||$8,800||105||17.00|
|Steven Matz NYM||vs STL||$7,800||103||31.11||$7,100||103||16.21|
|Blake Snell TBR||vs LAA||$10,500||97||30.06||$10,000||95||15.79|
|Robbie Ray ARI||@ WSN||$9,200||97||29.27||$10,100||96||15.66|
|Eduardo Rodriguez BOS||@ BAL||$8,500||102||28.79||$8,000||102||14.83|
|Trevor Richards MIA||vs PIT||$8,700||104||28.78||$9,000||103||14.69|
|Steven Brault PIT||@ MIA||$6,200||112||27.52||$6,400||114||14.70|
|Tyler Mahle CIN||vs TEX||$7,400||98||27.21||$6,700||97||14.31|
|Lucas Giolito CHW||vs NYY||$11,400||97||27.27||$11,100||95||14.26|
|CC Sabathia NYY||@ CHW||$7,100||100||26.78||$7,400||100||13.79|
|Daniel Ponce de Leon STL||@ NYM||$7,700||103||26.58||$8,400||103||13.44|
|Andrew Cashner BAL||vs BOS||$6,700||98||25.74||$5,500||98||13.28|
|Drew Pomeranz SFG||vs MIL||$6,500||101||25.18||$6,200||101||12.78|
|Nick Pivetta PHI||@ ATL||$7,900||96||23.96||$8,600||95||11.72|
|Kyle Hendricks CHC||@ LAD||$10,100||89||23.82||$9,800||87||11.46|
|Ryan Carpenter DET||vs CLE||$5,900||99||23.33||$4,800||100||11.44|
|Chris Bassitt OAK||vs SEA||$7,500||92||21.14||$7,800||92||10.79|
|Aaron Sanchez TOR||@ HOU||$6,100||92||20.30||$4,600||89||9.20|
|Cal Quantrill SDP||@ COL||$6,300||87||19.26||$5,000||86||8.98|
|Marco Gonzales SEA||@ OAK||$6,600||88||18.55||$5,300||86||8.37|
|Brad Keller KCR||@ MIN||$6,900||86||18.50||$5,800||84||8.25|
** Indicates that the pitcher listed will follow an “Opener”
Matchup Rating is meant to show how the pitcher’s matchup relates to league average. A rating of 100 means that this matchup is neither good nor bad to the pitcher. A matchup over 100 favors the pitcher and conversely, a matchup up less than 100 favors the hitters. It takes into account:
- The pitcher’s wOBA, ISO and K%
- The opposing lineup’s wOBA, ISO and K% versus RHP/LHP
- Home/away splits
- Ballpark Factor
- Fantasy points allowed to starting pitchers by opposing lineup (link)
If you are looking for bats to stack take a look at the pitchers at the bottom of this list and where the Matchup Rating is below 90. While not always the case, typically when a pitcher scores a low total (perhaps even negative) that means they are probably getting lit up by the opposing lineup.