- King of the Hill – Boyd (DET) stands tall but I think you should pivot with….
- My value pick tonight is Bailey (KCR)
- The Tigers on the road vs RHP have a 0.287 wOBA (4th worst MLB), 0.170 ISO (13th worst) and a 28.4 K% (MLB worst).
- Stackables (in order of my preference): Yankees, Red Sox & Rockies.
- Small sample size alert! None below 100 batters faced tonight. Ynoa (BAL) has lowest with only 144.
DFS Pitchers – June 13, 2019
|Salary||Matchup Rating||Projected Score||Salary||Matchup Rating||Projected Score|
|Matthew Boyd DET||@ KCR||$10,500||109||40.59||$10,700||111||22.96|
|David Price BOS||vs TEX||$9,800||106||35.16||$9,700||106||20.32|
|Homer Bailey KCR||vs DET||$6,700||112||34.57||$5,200||115||19.11|
|Jon Gray COL||vs SDP||$7,500||103||33.08||$8,300||106||18.15|
|Clayton Kershaw LAD||vs CHC||$10,400||100||33.36||$10,100||99||17.56|
|Jacob deGrom NYM||vs STL||$10,200||105||32.31||$10,400||105||17.56|
|Zack Greinke ARI||@ WSN||$9,500||101||31.20||$9,300||101||16.41|
|Tyler Skaggs LAA||@ TBR||$7,800||103||28.21||$8,200||102||14.65|
|Jon Lester CHC||@ LAD||$7,700||97||28.24||$7,800||95||14.47|
|J.A. Happ NYY||@ CHW||$8,800||104||27.95||$8,700||105||14.52|
|Jack Flaherty STL||@ NYM||$7,900||101||27.01||$7,300||101||13.92|
|Marcus Stroman TOR||@ BAL||$7,200||99||25.29||$7,600||99||12.63|
|Erick Fedde WSN||vs ARI||$6,000||97||23.15||$6,400||97||11.85|
|Matt Strahm SDP||@ COL||$9,900||92||23.14||$9,200||91||11.27|
|Gabriel Ynoa BAL||vs TOR||$5,600||104||21.70||$5,400||106||11.61|
|Ryan Yarbrough TBR||vs LAA||$6,900||94||21.37||$6,800||92||10.61|
|Adrian Sampson TEX||@ BOS||$8,000||91||19.96||$7,100||90||10.04|
|Ivan Nova CHW||vs NYY||$6,200||89||17.02||$4,400||87||7.17|
** Indicates that the pitcher listed will follow an “Opener”
Matchup Rating is meant to show how the pitcher’s matchup relates to league average. A rating of 100 means that this matchup is neither good nor bad to the pitcher. A matchup over 100 favors the pitcher and conversely, a matchup up less than 100 favors the hitters. It takes into account:
- The pitcher’s wOBA, ISO and K%
- The opposing lineup’s wOBA, ISO and K% versus RHP/LHP
- Home/away splits
- Ballpark Factor
- Fantasy points allowed to starting pitchers by opposing lineup (link)
If you are looking for bats to stack take a look at the pitchers at the bottom of this list and where the Matchup Rating is below 90. While not always the case, typically when a pitcher scores a low total (perhaps even negative) that means they are probably getting lit up by the opposing lineup.