- King of the Hill – Ryu (LAD) but the Angels do alright against lefties at home so I’m staying away. Angels vs. LHP at home: 0.336 wOBA (11th best in MLB), 0.200 ISO (13th best) and 17.4 K% (2nd best).
- My value pick tonight is Sanchez (WSN)
- His last two starts (@ ATL and vs. CHW): 0.79 ERA, 0.62 WHIP and 14 strikeouts in 11.1 innings (35 K%).
- The White Sox at home vs RHP have a 0.311 wOBA (10th worst MLB), 0.155 ISO (5th worst) and a 25.6 K% (5th worst).
- Stackables (in order of my preference): Rockies, Phillies & Cardinals.
- Small sample size alert! Clarke (ARI) has faced less than 100 batters this season.
- Odrisamer Despaigne (CHW) is not available on either FanDuel or DraftKings.
- Tanner Anderson (OAK) is not available on FanDuel.
DFS Pitchers – June 10, 2019
|Salary||Matchup Rating||Projected Score||Salary||Matchup Rating||Projected Score|
|Hyun-Jin Ryu LAD||@ LAA||$10,700||95||40.35||$10,400||92||22.97|
|Charlie Morton TBR||vs OAK||$10,500||98||38.44||$9,900||97||21.62|
|Chris Sale BOS||vs TEX||$11,800||104||37.32||$10,900||104||21.44|
|Mike Minor TEX||@ BOS||$9,200||99||37.64||$9,400||99||20.68|
|German Marquez COL||vs CHC||$7,500||92||30.94||$8,700||91||16.78|
|Masahiro Tanaka NYY||vs NYM||$8,900||104||31.26||$7,900||105||16.44|
|Griffin Canning LAA||vs LAD||$7,800||94||29.02||$8,400||92||16.30|
|Jerad Eickhoff PHI||vs ARI||$7,400||97||25.50||$7,100||97||13.78|
|Anibal Sanchez WSN||@ CHW||$7,300||106||25.42||$8,100||107||13.37|
|Joe Musgrove PIT||@ ATL||$8,400||103||26.18||$5,200||102||12.86|
|Sandy Alcantara MIA||vs STL||$7,000||102||25.12||$6,900||102||12.53|
|Yu Darvish CHC||@ COL||$7,100||90||24.28||$6,200||89||12.24|
|Jason Vargas NYM||@ NYY||$6,800||101||21.61||$7,600||101||11.47|
|Michael Wacha STL||@ MIA||$6,300||113||22.01||$6,000||115||10.17|
|Kevin Gausman ATL||vs PIT||$6,000||103||21.40||$6,400||103||10.01|
|Taylor Clarke ARI||@ PHI||$6,100||99||17.89||$6,300||100||8.18|
|Tanner Anderson OAK||@ TBR||–||100||13.20||$4,000||99||6.76|
** Indicates that the pitcher listed will follow an “Opener”
Matchup Rating is meant to show how the pitcher’s matchup relates to league average. A rating of 100 means that this matchup is neither good nor bad to the pitcher. A matchup over 100 favors the pitcher and conversely, a matchup up less than 100 favors the hitters. It takes into account:
- The pitcher’s wOBA, ISO and K%
- The opposing lineup’s wOBA, ISO and K% versus RHP/LHP
- Home/away splits
- Ballpark Factor
- Fantasy points allowed to starting pitchers by opposing lineup (link)
If you are looking for bats to stack take a look at the pitchers at the bottom of this list and where the Matchup Rating is below 90. While not always the case, typically when a pitcher scores a low total (perhaps even negative) that means they are probably getting lit up by the opposing lineup.