- Rolling the dice with San Francisco’s Samardzija in Miami. Here’s why: at home vs. RHP they have a 0.097 ISO (worst in MLB), a 0.268 wOBA (2nd worst) and a 26.9 K% (3rd worst).
- On DraftKings I’m going to pair Samardzija with Baltimore’s Bundy. Here’s why: the Tigers on the road vs. RHP have a 28.8 K% (worst in MLB), 0.282 wOBA (4th worst) and a 0.144 ISO (5th worst).
- Stackables (in order of my preference): Twins, Rockies, Cardinals & Diamondbacks.
- (Small sample size alert!) Oakland’s Tropeano & Cleveland’s Plesac are seeing their first action of the season tonight. Neither has any batters faced. Toronto’s Richard has only faced 16 batters this season.
- Few notes:
- All of the games below are part of the main slate on FanDuel except the Royals @ White Sox game if it starts before 8:10pm ET it will not count.
- All of the games below are on the main slate of DraftKings except Padres @ Yankees, Pirates @ Reds and Royals @ White Sox.
- Tampa will once again use Stanek as an opener but they have not announced who will be their “follower.”
- Twins start Smeltzer is not available on both sites.
- Reds starter Sims is not available on FanDuel.
DFS Pitchers – May 28, 2019
|Salary||Matchup Rating||Projected Score||Salary||Matchup Rating||Projected Score|
|Stephen Strasburg WSN||@ ATL||$10,600||103||42.13||$11,800||102||23.72|
|Matthew Boyd DET||@ BAL||$10,200||106||41.04||$10,300||106||22.87|
|Lucas Giolito CHW||vs KCR||$9,400||102||38.23||–||102||22.17|
|Jordan Lyles PIT||@ CIN||$8,600||105||36.83||–||106||20.74|
|Rich Hill LAD||vs NYM||$8,800||109||36.61||$10,800||110||20.21|
|Frankie Montas OAK||vs LAA||$9,200||95||36.13||$11,300||93||19.21|
|Masahiro Tanaka NYY||@ SDP||$9,600||110||35.00||–||113||19.22|
|David Price BOS||vs CLE||$8,400||106||32.49||$9,400||107||18.53|
|Max Fried ATL||vs WSN||$8,900||107||30.01||$8,100||107||16.29|
|Jeff Samardzija SFG||@ MIA||$6,600||115||27.95||$7,700||118||15.66|
|Marco Gonzales SEA||vs TEX||$7,300||107||29.33||$6,900||108||14.59|
|Dylan Bundy BAL||vs DET||$7,200||111||27.91||$8,500||114||15.16|
|Jon Lester CHC||@ HOU||$7,100||91||28.19||$7,500||88||14.37|
|Trevor Richards MIA||vs SFG||$7,500||102||26.91||$8,200||104||13.46|
|Steven Matz NYM||@ LAD||$7,400||93||25.64||–||90||12.99|
|Brad Keller KCR||@ CHW||$6,700||107||26.46||$6,000||109||12.31|
|Eric Lauer SDP||vs NYY||$6,900||102||24.19||–||101||12.47|
|Zach Davies MIL||@ MIN||$7,700||86||24.32||$6,500||83||12.35|
|Adam Wainwright STL||@ PHI||$7,000||97||23.62||$6,700||97||11.18|
|Merrill Kelly ARI||@ COL||$6,300||89||21.00||$5,800||89||9.74|
|Corbin Martin HOU||vs CHC||$6,800||94||18.48||$7,100||93||9.45|
|Clayton Richard TOR||@ TBR||$5,900||107||16.10||$6,200||107||8.54|
|** Adrian Sampson TEX||@ SEA||$6,200||105||16.21||$4,800||105||7.83|
|Antonio Senzatela COL||vs ARI||$5,600||92||16.74||$5,600||92||6.95|
|Nick Pivetta PHI||vs STL||$6,500||92||14.73||$8,900||92||5.32|
|** Nick Tropeano LAA||@ OAK||$7,200||94||12.40||$7,400||93||6.29|
|Zach Plesac CLE||@ BOS||$5,500||94||12.35||$4,500||93||6.30|
|Ryne Stanek TBR||vs TOR||$5,500||105||6.78||$6,400||107||4.10|
** Indicates that the pitcher listed will follow an “Opener”
Matchup Rating is meant to show how the pitcher’s matchup relates to league average. A rating of 100 means that this matchup is neither good nor bad to the pitcher. A matchup over 100 favors the pitcher and conversely, a matchup up less than 100 favors the hitters. It takes into account:
- The pitcher’s wOBA, ISO and K%
- The opposing lineup’s wOBA, ISO and K% versus RHP/LHP
- Home/away splits
- Ballpark Factor
- Fantasy points allowed to starting pitchers by opposing lineup (link)
If you are looking for bats to stack take a look at the pitchers at the bottom of this list where the Matchup Rating is below 90. While not always the case, typically when a pitcher scores a low total (perhaps even negative) that means they are probably getting lit up by the opposing lineup.