- I’m really liking Robbie Ray on FanDuel tonight in San Francisco. He’s cheap and the Giants provide a nice potential for K’s.
- Over on DraftKings it isn’t as simple. I think you’ll have to pay up for a decent start tonight.
- Stackables (in order of my preference): A’s, Twins, Rockies, Yankees & Cardinals.
- (Small sample size alert!) Mengden, McGowin, Hoffman, Green and Soto all have 65 or less batters faced this season. Don’t know what you’ll get with them tonight. MCGowin has the best matchup vs. the Marlins.
- Few notes: Pittsburgh hasn’t announced their starting pitcher and it appears that whomever it is will be in an opener capacity..
DFS Pitchers – May 24, 2019
|Salary||Matchup Rating||Projected Score||Salary||Matchup Rating||Projected Score|
|Blake Snell TBR||@ CLE||$11,200||112||42.69||$11,400||112||24.76|
|Jose Berrios MIN||vs CHW||$9,900||105||38.27||$10,200||106||20.75|
|Robbie Ray ARI||@ SFG||$8,700||111||35.93||$10,900||114||20.89|
|Noah Syndergaard NYM||vs DET||$10,600||118||34.26||$10,100||121||19.04|
|Shane Bieber CLE||vs TBR||$9,600||92||33.76||$10,400||90||18.53|
|Chris Sale BOS||@ HOU||$10,800||90||32.73||$11,200||87||17.60|
|Griffin Canning LAA||vs TEX||$7,600||96||30.12||$8,600||95||17.21|
|Walker Buehler LAD||@ PIT||$10,100||103||30.23||$9,900||104||16.74|
|Jerad Eickhoff PHI||@ MIL||$7,400||100||29.80||$8,200||99||16.49|
|Joey Lucchesi SDP||@ TOR||$7,000||109||28.66||$8,900||112||16.21|
|Pablo Lopez MIA||@ WSN||$7,500||106||28.27||$7,500||107||15.09|
|Trent Thornton TOR||vs SDP||$7,100||110||26.38||$7,600||113||14.48|
|Daniel Mengden OAK||vs SEA||$7,300||91||26.70||$7,900||90||14.08|
|Wade Miley HOU||vs BOS||$6,600||97||24.98||$7,700||96||12.74|
|Miles Mikolas STL||vs ATL||$8,000||102||23.64||$7,300||102||11.51|
|Reynaldo Lopez CHW||@ MIN||$7,900||85||23.50||$7,100||82||10.70|
|Jakob Junis KCR||vs NYY||$6,200||90||20.51||$6,200||88||9.63|
|Chase Anderson MIL||vs PHI||$6,300||103||17.60||$8,000||103||10.08|
|John Means BAL||@ COL||$5,700||89||17.25||$6,500||89||9.53|
|Drew Pomeranz SFG||vs ARI||$5,900||95||18.35||$7,200||95||8.82|
|Drew Smyly TEX||@ LAA||$5,600||94||15.51||$6,400||91||7.17|
|Kyle McGowin WSN||vs MIA||$5,500||118||14.22||$7,000||122||7.03|
|Wade LeBlanc SEA||@ OAK||$5,800||85||14.37||$7,400||83||5.44|
|Mike Foltynewicz ATL||@ STL||$6,400||90||13.31||$7,800||88||5.39|
|Jeff Hoffman COL||vs BAL||$6,000||102||10.73||$6,800||104||6.03|
|Chad Green NYY||@ KCR||$5,500||89||1.59||$5,400||88||0.15|
|Gregory Soto DET||@ NYM||$5,500||97||0.97||$6,300||97||-1.98|
** Indicates that the pitcher listed will follow an “Opener”
Matchup Rating is meant to show how the pitcher’s matchup relates to league average. A rating of 100 means that this matchup is neither good nor bad to the pitcher. A matchup over 100 favors the pitcher and conversely, a matchup up less than 100 favors the hitters. It takes into account:
- The pitcher’s wOBA, ISO and K%
- The opposing lineup’s wOBA, ISO and K% versus RHP/LHP
- Home/away splits
- Ballpark Factor
- Fantasy points allowed to starting pitchers by opposing lineup (link)
If you are looking for bats to stack take a look at the pitchers at the bottom of this list where the Matchup Rating is below 90. While not always the case, typically when a pitcher scores a low total (perhaps even negative) that means they are probably getting lit up by the opposing lineup.