- I told everyone in last week’s Straight Cheese to stream Turnbull for this start against the Marlins… let’s do it in DFS also. Miami is dead last in wOBA (0.249) and ISO (0.082) on the road against RHP. They also strikeout 26.3% of the time (good for 3rd worse).
- If you want to spend up go with Greinke as the Padres strikeout 27.3% of the time against RHP at home (2nd worse in MLB).
- The Twins let me down last night but I’m going to be stacking them again tonight. In 17.2 innings at home Cahill is allowing hitters a 0.439 wOBA and 0.356 ISO.
- Few notes: Milone is not listed on FanDuel… not that you would want to use him anyways.
DFS Pitchers – May 21, 2019
|Salary||Matchup Rating||Projected Score||Salary||Matchup Rating||Projected Score|
|RHP Justin Verlander HOU||vs CHW||$12,000||109||48.62||$11,300||110||28.45|
|RHP Zack Greinke ARI||@ SDP||$11,000||114||44.49||$10,200||117||25.60|
|LHP Caleb Smith MIA||@ DET||$10,100||114||43.21||$10,400||115||25.35|
|RHP Spencer Turnbull DET||vs MIA||$8,600||121||38.19||$7,800||125||20.97|
|RHP Domingo German NYY||@ BAL||$10,000||99||36.77||$9,900||99||21.23|
|LHP Clayton Kershaw LAD||@ TBR||$9,800||104||38.15||$9,800||103||20.74|
|RHP German Marquez COL||@ PIT||$8,200||105||36.33||$9,200||106||20.16|
|RHP Zack Wheeler NYM||vs WSN||$9,200||110||37.44||$9,000||110||19.29|
|LHP Eduardo Rodriguez BOS||@ TOR||$8,900||110||33.88||$8,900||113||17.88|
|RHP Zach Eflin PHI||@ CHC||$9,100||99||32.85||$9,400||98||18.06|
|RHP Julio Teheran ATL||@ SFG||$8,400||111||33.01||$8,500||115||18.10|
|LHP Jose Quintana CHC||vs PHI||$7,700||105||32.59||$7,900||106||17.11|
|LHP Gio Gonzalez MIL||vs CIN||$7,900||109||29.82||$7,400||112||17.90|
|RHP Marcus Stroman TOR||vs BOS||$7,400||99||29.81||$7,300||100||15.27|
|LHP Matt Strahm SDP||vs ARI||$8,100||96||27.21||$8,400||96||14.16|
|RHP Shaun Anderson SFG||vs ATL||$6,400||104||24.90||$6,900||104||14.76|
|RHP Chris Archer PIT||vs COL||$7,100||105||26.35||$8,000||105||13.44|
|RHP Sonny Gray CIN||@ MIL||$6,700||102||25.31||$6,700||101||13.81|
|RHP Lance Lynn TEX||vs SEA||$8,500||85||25.69||$6,800||84||12.39|
|RHP Michael Wacha STL||vs KCR||$7,500||100||25.03||$6,600||101||12.21|
|RHP Homer Bailey KCR||@ STL||$6,500||94||22.71||$6,300||92||11.12|
|RHP Michael Pineda MIN||@ LAA||$7,300||87||20.03||$6,500||85||9.68|
|LHP Jalen Beeks TBR||vs LAD||$5,600||93||16.04||$7,600||91||9.08|
|RHP David Hess BAL||vs NYY||$6,200||91||15.66||$5,400||90||7.97|
|RHP Trevor Cahill LAA||vs MIN||$5,800||81||13.70||$6,100||77||5.70|
|LHP Tommy Milone SEA||@ TEX||–||88||11.71||$5,700||86||5.87|
|RHP Erick Fedde WSN||@ NYM||$6,000||104||8.52||$7,000||104||4.87|
|RHP Dylan Covey CHW||@ HOU||$5,500||84||7.21||$5,800||80||2.94|
Matchup Rating is meant to show how the pitcher’s matchup relates to league average. A rating of 100 means that this matchup is neither good nor bad to the pitcher. A matchup over 100 favors the pitcher and conversely, a matchup up less than 100 favors the hitters. It takes into account:
- The pitcher’s wOBA, ISO and K%
- The opposing lineup’s wOBA, ISO and K% versus RHP/LHP
- Home/away splits
- Ballpark Factor
- Fantasy points allowed to starting pitchers by opposing lineup (link)
If you are looking for bats to stack take a look at the pitchers at the bottom of this list where the Matchup Rating is below 90. While not always the case, typically when a pitcher scores a low total (perhaps even negative) that means they are probably getting lit up by the opposing lineup.