We are almost a week into the start of the MLB season, and I am going to my first Toronto Blue Jays game on Saturday versus the hated Boston Red Sox. Can’t wait! Although if there is no Josh Donaldson in the lineup that will be a real bummer. Latest is the Jays are hopeful he returns Friday. Come on Bringer Of Rain!
Anyway… this is pretty much a wrap on fantasy baseball season as far as our Draft Buddy draft software is concerned. Everyone is done drafting now, I take it?
If you were among our members who used Draft Buddy this season, I hope you found it extremely useful and want to come back and use it again next year. Thank you for the positive feedback, occasional donation, and even suggestions for improvement.
Speaking of which, I wanted to get some of these suggestions for improvement written out and saved where I can easily find them before we ramp up for next fantasy baseball season. I’ve tried keeping them on my desk before and that just doesn’t work very well. Plus, now you have an opportunity to add to the list right here, in the comments section.
Below are some suggestions I received by email, or thought of myself. Keep in mind I cannot promise all of these will happen. Some are a bit of a brain dump of ideas that haven’t even been fully thought out if they are possible. If you see one you really like then by all means comment your support for it, and as always I will do my best.
- FIX: Check conditional formatting for last row in the cheatsheets, as it may be missing.
- FIX: On the new Top 25 feature, some players are appearing more than once… I believe this is due to a handful of players (likely 3 or more) having the same projections of a particular stat category.
- FIX: Not sure the count of drafted players at UT and CI/MI are correct on the summary tab in certain cases. Check Steve P.’s email and file.
- NEW: Add Draft Player buttons to the hitters data and pitchers data tabs, enabling ability to draft from any tab that lists players.
- NEW: Add AB as a scoring category for fantasy points leagues.
- NEW: Add more / improve data such as positions for top prospects in MLB organizations to enhance keeper and dynasty leagues.
- NEW: Perhaps have a separate ranking list of top prospects to draft from beyond the rankings generated from the projections.
- NEW: Player comparison tab similar to the football version… or enhance the online player comparison tool (better idea).
- NEW: Deeper ADP list.
That is all I have for now, but again, if you have other suggestions then feel free to comment below, as will I if I receive (or remember) any other ideas by email.
Thanks again for supporting Draft Buddy. Enjoy baseball season, and go Blue Jays!